JSTorrent is a Torrent Client
for Google Chrome
JSTorrent is a BitTorrent client for Google Chrome that downloads torrent files with ease. It can download torrents directly to your Downloads folder and can handle large files (multi-gigabyte files) with ease. It is designed specifically for Google ChromeOS and runs fine on lower end ARM Chromebooks.
See what users are saying about the app
- "This is so worth it especially if you have a chromebook. Incredible!"
- "Works wonderfully, only app of its kind for chrome."
- "i like it a lot. a use it everyday on my chromebook and never had any problem. very neat app."
- "Love this app! Use to use Utorrent on my other laptop but now I have found this app I don't need to be using my other laptop no more. Well worth the money and I would recommend it to anyone who is using a Chromebook!"
- "definitely worth it. i'm really glad i found an app to replace uTorrent for my chromebook"
- "Amazeballs. Working well on an Acer c720 Chromebook, nearly runs as fast as uTorrent.. Actually pretty insane to be honest, amazing app."
- "It works great, it's easy to use."
- "This latest version is working really well on my Chromebook. This pretty much means I am close to no longer needing my Linux laptop. Way to go jstorrent team."
- "Love it. Makes me enjoy my new Chromebook even more."
- "Essential app"
- "When it seemed that Chromebook was limited to web browing and little more, JSTorrent comes in and makes it a very powerful and complete gadget. A must have to all downloaders"
- "Was use to using utorrent before purchasing a chromebook as my primary laptop. I was happy to find that jstorrent is equally as simple and works just as well. I'm not one to buy apps, but JSTorrent is well worth the measly 2 dollars."
- "work great on chromebook, totally a most buy if you own one, only 2 box nizzle"
- "Greatest app ever, it easily doubles the functionality of my chromebook. I don't remember it cost any money when i got it, but i would definitely pay for it. Just as good/better than a full desktop torrent client!"
- "I know not everyone has a chromebook and it is nice to be able to find a program that simply works, THANK YOU."
- Read more reviews
- 10 June 2014 » 2.2.9 release
- Add ETA column
- Minimized view
- Use new chrome.sockets API
- Ability to add custom trackers (right-click)
- Better messaging for when out of free disk space
- Fix utf-8 encoded text issues
- Ability to remove detached storage
9 Mar 2014 » 2.2.6 release
- Minor bugfixes having to do with handling detached storage
7 Mar 2014 » 2.2.2 release
- Identified the cause of the Fatal Disk errors, workaround implemented
- New Streaming Media Player (click on "Play" in Files view)
- Improved download speeds
22 Feb 2014 » 2.1.2 release
- Improved messaging for unhealthy torrents
- Fixed some add by URL bugs
- Clicking on "Add" without a URL brings up file selection
- Extended trial version in certain markets (Brazil)
3 Feb 2014 » 2.1.2 release
- Fix several issues with trackers
- New option (default off) to report as uTorrent
- Information in Help page to give to private tracker admins
- See detailed tracker error information in "Trackers" tab
- Sortable columns (click on column header, note not all columns are sortable)
- Improvements to setting file priority (skip file download)
- Add "General Information" pane, to see detailed information about a Torrent
18 Jan 2014 » Minor release
- Miscellaneous bugfixes
17 Jan 2014 » 2.1 Release
- Ability to select which files to download
- Private tracker support
- New works for all public trackers
- Improved UX and notifications
- Added some options to the Options page
- Number of peers per torrent
- Prevent standby
21-27 Jan 2014 » Post 2.0 Releases
Pushing small bugfixes reported by users. Please, if you have any
problems with the program, report the issues and I will address them!
19 Dec 2013 » Version 2.0 Major Release
Version 2.0 is released with direct downloads to your disk. If you
encounter any issues, please report them here and I will work my best
to fix them as soon as possible.
Want to Contribute?
JSTorrent is an open source project. Contributions in the form of
bug reports, feature requests, or even new code are welcome
on the JSTorrent GitHub page.
This webpage is hosted by GitHub Pages with this repository